Congratulations to our Graduating Residents
We are very pleased to be able to let you know that all of our psychiatry residents who took the Royal College exam last month passed. Congratulations to Stephanie Bouskill, Michael Brown, Farhad Davoodi, Alex Drossos, Ben McCutchen, Kurt Moyst, Tom Muir, Sachin Sarin, Eva Talikowska-Szymczak, and Roselyn Wilson. We are also delighted that almost all of our graduates will be working either in Hamilton or at Homewood in the Waterloo region after graduation and will be continuing their association with the Department. And congratulations as well to Sophiya Benjamin, who works at Freeport, and who also just passed the Royal College exam.
In addition to the list of award recipients, we would also like to recognize Susan Ward, who was the co-recipient of the Ruth Belch (CBS) Excellence in Teaching Award.
We had an opportunity to say thank you to our graduating residents at a really enjoyable department summer dinner on June 5, 2018, when we also gave out awards to faculty and learners for their contributions during the year. So, we would also like to congratulate all the award winners who were honoured during the evening (below) and the graduates of all our educational programs. And we would especially like to thank Menika McKeegan for all her work in organizing the event.
2018 Department Awards
- Excellence in Clinical Teaching Award – Gagan Gaind (Hamilton), Sophiya Benjamin (WRC)
- Resident Advocacy Award – Sheila Harms
- Interprofessional Teaching Award – Michelle Carrigan
- Professionalism Award – Anne Lizius
- Dedication to Education Awards – Rod Lough, Anthony Levinson, David Streiner, Robyn Fallen
- Ruth Belch Excellence in Teaching Award – Karen Rowa, Susan Ward
- Excellence in Research Mentorship Award – Michael Boyle, Magdalena Janus
- Undergraduate Educator Award – Sohyoon Min, Oleg Savenkov
- Jeremy Goldberg Award (med student) – S. Singhal
- Outstanding Contribution by a Resident to Education Award – Amanda Ritsma
- Recognition of Geriatric Psychiatry Faculty Award Winner – Ruth Harris
- Recognition of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Faculty Award – Roberto Sassi
- Recognition of Forensic Faculty Award Winner – Olubukola Kolawole