MentalHealth+ is a service of the Health Information Research Unit, McMaster University, a product of the McMaster Premium Literature Service, McMasterPLUS™. Citations are pulled from over 120 premier clinical journals, every article is then reviewed for methodological rigour as well as clinical relevance and newsworthiness by at least three experts in the mental health field.
The current features of MentalHealth+ include:
- ratings of each eligible article for clinical relevance and newsworthiness by at least 3 practitioners for each discipline for which the article might be pertinent
- e-mail alerts about new evidence. Each alert includes MORE clinical ratings and comments, and electronic links to the article's abstract via PubMed (if available) and full text article via PubMed or the publisher's site (if available for free)
- a cumulative searchable database of the alerts that is continuously updated (from mid-2007 forward)
- a search interface to access relevant information in the accumulating database
- evidence-based search strategies for MEDLINE to supplement searches in the cumulated PLUS database when needed
- download options for citation management
- links to evidence-based resources
Visit mentalhealth.machealth.ca to get started.